Pacquiao fight with McGregor now likely

    496

    APPARENTLY looking for one more big payday, World Boxing Association super welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao announced on his Twitter and Instagram accounts yesterday that he has signed a contract with the same outfit that manages mixed martial arts star Connor McGregor.

    “Excited to have officially partnered @paradigmsports. Grateful for the support of my family team and fans as I continue my professional boxing journey. Big things coming! Stay tuned,” Pacquiao said as he flashed a photo of the contract.

    Owned by former National Football League player Audie Attar, Paradigm Sports Management also has a contract with McGregor, who late last month tweeted that he was fighting Pacquiao in an exhibition match either late this year or early next year.

    The owner of MP Promotions, Pacquiao last week said he would only fight the brash Irishman if he himself would manage the fight, although this likely no longer holds true after inking a deal with Paradigm.

    The fighting Filipino lawmaker has pledged a major share of his purse to his compatriots affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.

    In the event it pushes through, a Pacquiao-McGregor fight promises to be nearly as lucrative as when the controversial Irish martial artist fought undefeated American Floyd Mayweather Jr. on Aug. 26, 2017 in a light middleweight (154-pound) encounter at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas.