Pinoys in Mali advised: Prepare for evacuation

    1976

    THE Department of Foreign Affairs has advised Filipinos in Mali to restrict non-essential movement and prepare for evacuation due to the rising civil unrest in the African country.

    The DFA said it raised alert level 2 among Pinoys in the country last September 18 due to the political unrest generated by the coup d’ etat last month that led to the ouster of President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita and the resignation of Prime Minister Boubou Cisse. It was the second coup in Mali in less than 10 years.

    “Filipinos in Mali are advised to coordinate with the Philippine Embassy in Rabat, Morocco for further advisories and may contact them at +212694202178 or via email at rabat.pe@dfa.gov.ph,” the DFA said.

    It said alert level 2 is issued when there are threats to life, security and property of Filipinos arising from internal security problem or disturbances, instability and or external threat. This alert level means Filipinos have to prepare for evacuation.