The Office of Vice President Leni Robredo has started delivering the first batch of personal protective equipment (PPE) sets to nine hospitals in Metro Manila on Monday, March 16, 2020. This is part of the OVP’s assistance drive, where millions have also been raised with the help of ordinary citizens, for health workers and frontliners in the fight against COVID-19.
In cooperation with Transportify and Ninjavan, OVP staff delivered a total of 7,350 PPE sets for 490 frontliners to the following hospitals in the City of Manila and Quezon City:
• San Lazaro Hospital, Manila (for 50 frontliners)
• Philippine General Hospital, Manila (for 100 frontliners)
• UP–National Institutes of Health, Manila (for 50 frontliners)
• Lung Center of the Philippines, Quezon City (for 100 frontliners)
• Philippine Heart Center, Quezon City (for 50 frontliners)
• Quirino Memorial Medical Center, Quezon City (for 50 frontliners)
• Philippine Orthopedic Center, Quezon City (for 30 frontliners)
• Veterans Memorial Medical Center, Quezon City (for 30 frontliners)
• East Avenue Medical Center, Quezon City (for 30 frontliners)
The OVP, in cooperation with its Angat Buhay partner, Kaya Natin! Movement, has so far raised P17.3 million worth of funds that will be used to provide PPE kits for 2,433 frontliners for 15 days, as well as 5,659 food and care packages for them and their families.