Duque on self-quarantine

    93

    HEALTH Secretary Francisco Duque III is undergoing self-quarantine in conformity with health protocol after he was exposed to a senior official of the Department of Health, who has tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).

    “I’ll be working from home for now, for 14 days. I will continue to give orders to my entire DOH, which connects to the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases,” Duque said in a phone interview.

    Duque said he decided to undergo home quarantine after being exposed to the DOH director based in the Central Office in Manila.

    So far, he said, he has been asymptomatic although he has colds that may have been triggered by his allergies.

    “I don’t actually have colds, maybe just a mild one… probably caused by my allergy,” he said.

    Asked if he has already undergone testing for COVID-19, he said, “No results yet. Maybe it will come out in a few days.”

    Duque said there are other DOH officials and personnel who are undergoing quarantine, either in a medical facility or at home.

    “I know they are under quarantine…These are the close contacts,” he said.

    The DOH said on Tuesday a director has tested positive for COVID-19.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here