HEALTH Secretary Francisco Duque III is negative for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), the Department of Health said Sunday.
Dr. Maria Rosario Vergeire, department spokeswoman, said Duque will continue to work and issue directives from home as he completes his 14-day self-quarantine period.
“We have already received the test results of (the) Secretary and he is negative,” said Vergeire in a radio interview. “He is in good condition and is not showing any symptoms.”
Duque announced last week that he was going into self-quarantine after he was exposed to a senior health official who was found positive for COVID-19.
Before he went into isolation, Duque attended meetings with President Duterte and members of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases, which included Cabinet secretaries and heads of other concerned government agencies.