JUSTICE Secretary Menardo Guevarra yesterday said government will move for the speedy conviction of nine policemen tagged in last year’s killing of four Army intelligence officers in Jolo, Sulu.
He said prosecutors of the Department of Justice are expected to release this month the resolution on the case filed by the National Bureau of Investigation for the killing of Army Maj. Marvin Indammog, Capt.Irwin Managuelod, Sgt. Jaime Velasco Jr., and Corporal Abdal Asula in June last year.
“The DOJ will ensure the speedy trial of the Jolo, Sulu case and obtain justice for the slain Army officers,” Guevarra said in a message to reporters.
Named respondents in the case are P/Senior Master Sergeant Abelzhimar Padjiri; Master Sgt. Hannie Baddiri; Staff Sgts. Iskandar Susulan, Erniskar Sappal, and Almudzrin Hadjaruddin; Corporal Sulki Andaki; and Patrolmen Moh Nur Pasani, Alkajal Mandangan, and Pat. Rajiv Putalan.
PNP chief Gen. Debold Sinas on Friday said he has approved the recommendation of the PNP Internal Affairs Service to dismiss the nine policemen.
On Saturday, Armed Forces spokesman Maj. Gen. Edgard Arevalo said welcomed Sinas’ announcement and expressed hope criminal charges will be filed against the policemen, aside from the imposition of the administrative penalty of separation from service.
The nine policemen can still appeal their dismissal with the National Police Commission. – Ashzel Hachero