Bohol set to reopen to local tourists

    334

    THE island province of Bohol is set to reopen its borders to domestic tourists on November 15, presidential spokesman Harry Roque and Bohol Governor Arthur Yap separately said yesterday.

    Roque, who was in Panglao in Bohol for his Thursday media briefing, said he is biased towards the province because of the many tourist attractions in the island, like the white sandy beaches of Alona, the Chocolate Hills, the Loboc River and its unique tarsiers.

    “Magbubukas na po para sa turismo ang island paradise na Bohol mula po akinse ng Nobyembre (The tourism industry of the island paradise of Bohol will be open starting the 15th of November),” Roque said.

    Yap, in a virtual briefing, said those who want to visit Bohol need to secure a negative swab test result 72 hours prior to their visit and a card with a QR code, to be issued by the province, which would be used for contact tracing purposes.

    Yap said the card would be presented in all tourist sites and hotels in the island.

    He said only pre-organized trips or pre-approved tour packages will be allowed and do-it-yourself tours will not be permitted to prevent the risk of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) spreading in the province.

    Yap recommended that interested and potential tourists visit the “http://tourism.bohol.gov.ph” website for more information on the type of tour packages that are available.

    Several provinces had already started to open their doors to domestic tourists but subject to protocols.

    Among those whose tourism bubbles have already been opened are Baguio City and the island beach of Boracay.