‘Bikoy’ posts bail; Trillanes’ return being watched

    47

    PETER Joemel ‘Bikoy’ Advincula, who starred in a viral video last year to accuse family members and friends of President Duterte of alleged involvement in the illegal drugs trade, yesterday appeared before a Quezon City court to post bail on inciting to sedition charges.

    Advincula, accompanied by lawyer Larry Gadon, went to the QC Metropolitan Trial Court Branch 138 on Monday afternoon and paid the P10,000 bail for his temporary liberty.

    “Kasama ko ngayon si Peter, kagagaling lang nya sa probinsya at siya ay narito upang voluntarily mag-surrender sa korte at upang maghain ng kanyang piyansa. (I am now with Peter, he just arrived from the province and he is here to voluntarily surrender to the court and to post bail),” Gadon said.

    Advincula appeared last year in the viral “Ang Totoong Narco List” that tagged the President’s family members, including presidential son and now Davao City Rep. Paolo Duterte, and friends among those supposedly behind the continued proliferation of illegal drugs in the country.

    Advincula later retracted his statements in the videos, claiming he was promised the sum of P500,000 by the political opposition to malign Duterte.

    Advincula then linked former Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV and several opposition figures to the video, which he said was part of a plot intended to push the ouster of the President.

    Advincula had also dragged Vice President Leni Robredo, Senators Leila De Lima and Risa Honteviros, and former Sen. Bam Aquino in the alleged ouster plot. The justice department has cleared Robredo and members of the political opposition from Advincula’s allegations.

    Advincula posted bail after the Quezon City court last Friday issued arrest warrants against him and his co-accused, including Trillanes who is currently out of the country.

    PNP spokesman Brig. Gen. Bernard Banac said five of the seven other accused have also posted bail: Yolanda Ong, Fr. Albert Alejo, Fr. Flaviano Villanueva, Boom Enriquez, and Joel Saracho.

    Two other accused – Vicente Romano III and former police colonel Eduardo Acierto – have yet to post their bails.

    Trillanes has vowed to return to the country later this week to face the charges and pay the bail bond set by the court.

    PNP chief Gen. Archie Gamboa said operatives of the Quezon City Police District went to Trillanes’ residence in Antipolo City on Friday afternoon to serve the warrant but were told by household members that the former senator was out of the country.

    “We remain hopeful, however, that Trillanes will keep his word to face the charges and cooperate with authorities in this judicial process. We will continue to monitor his movements and eventually serve the court process soonest,” said Gamboa.