ANOTHER overseas Filipino worker (OFW) has succumbed to the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), bringing the number of fatalities to two.
Data provided by the Department of Foreign Affairs said the second death took place in Europe where the first one took place.
The number of OFWs infected with the virus since its outbreak also increased from to 169 from the previous 153, in 25 countries.
“Seventy-seven are currently undergoing treatment while 90 have recovered and or discharged from the hospitals,” the DFA said.
The number of those who have recovered is an increase from the previous 86.
In the Asia-Pacific region, 111 OFWs were infected with 24 still undergoing treatment while the rest were already discharged and or recovered.
In Europe, 17 OFWs are still undergoing treatment with two recoveries.
In the Americas, the DFA said 20 OFWs are still undergoing treatment, most of them crew members of the Grand Princess cruise ship.
In the Middle East where there are more than two million Filipinos, the DFA said there were 18 cases with 16 still undergoing treatment.
Earlier on Tuesday, the Philippine Consulate General in Hong Kong said another Filipino has tested positive for COVID-19.
“There are now seven Filipino COVID-19 patients undergoing treatment in various hospitals in Hong Kong,” the consulate said.
The consulate said it is getting additional details on the latest case involving a Filipino.
There are about 238, 000 Filipinos living and working in the former British colony.