American wanted for sex-related crime nabbed in Cebu

    744

    AN American wanted in the United States for sex-related crimes was arrested in a joint Bureau of Immigration-National Bureau of Investigation operation in Cebu last Thursday.

    Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente said Donald Robert Tyler, 57, was nabbed in Barangay San Roque, Ginatilan town by operatives from the bureau’s Fugitive Search Unit and the NBI.

    Morente said the operation was carried out on the request of the US Embassy in Manila.

    BI FSU chief Bobby Raquepo said Tyler is the subject of a warrant of arrest issued by a circuit court in Josephine county, Oregon in November last year. Tyler was charged before the court with sodomy.

    Morente said the US State Department had cancelled Tyler’s passport, making him an undocumented alien in the country.

    “He will be placed in our blacklist and banned from re-entering the Philippines for being an undesirable alien,” Morente said.

    Tyler was brought to the BI detention facility in Camp Bagong Diwa, Taguig pending his deportation.