NEARLY 3,000 more new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases were reported by the Department of Health (DOH) yesterday, along with 17 additional deaths that raised the number of fatalities to 12,545.
In its latest bulletin, the DOH said the total number of infections in the country rose to 603,308 counting the 2,886 new cases.
There were 221 more recoveries, meaning the number of survivors is now up to 546,293.
The number of active cases jumped to 44,470, of which 91.7 percent are mild cases, 4 percent asymptomatic cases, 1.7 percent severe cases, 1.7 percent critical cases, and 0.80 percent moderate cases.
Five more overseas Filipinos have tested positive for the deadly virus, bringing the total number to 15,870, according to the Department of Foreign Affairs.
Majority of them were in the Middle East and Africa, which has so far registered 8,880 cases and 670 deaths.
There was one new recovery, bringing to 9, 548 the number of overseas Filipinos who recovered from the virus.
The overseas death toll among Filipinos remained at 1,041.
Chief Justice Diosdado Peralta has suspended work at the Supreme Court from March 11 to 14 to pave the way for the disinfection of the different buildings and offices in the compound.
But SC PIO chief Brian Keith Hosaka said the interview by the Judicial and Bar Council on the three applicants to the post of Peralta on Friday, March 12, will proceed as scheduled.
The three are Senior Associate Justice Estela Perlas Bernabe and Associate Justice Alexander Gesmundo and Ramon Paul Hernando. – With Ashzel Hachero