A DAY after reporting less than 1,000 new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases, the Department of Health reported 1,594 new cases yesterday, raising the total number of infections in the country to 389,725.
Forty-two more patients succumbed to the deadly virus, meaning deaths have risen to 7,409 for a 1.90 percent fatality rate, according to the DOH.
Last Wednesday, only 987 new cases were reported. The last time the country had fewer than 1,000 cases was back in July.
In its latest bulletin, the DOH said Manila had 253 new cases, followed by Cavite (126), Davao City (78), Rizal (78), and Quezon City (73).
There were 468 new recoveries, raising the number of survivors to 349,543, meaning that 89.7 percent of patients have recovered.
The Department of Foreign Affairs said 30 more overseas Filipinos were infected with the deadly virus, bringing the total number of overseas cases to 11,410, while there were seven new recoveries.
So far, 7,364 overseas Filipino have managed to recover.
The DFA reported no new fatalities.
As of November 4, the DFA said 828 overseas Filipinos have died of the virus.
Majority of the cases and deaths – 7,492 and 543, respectively – were in the Middle East and Africa.
The Americas recorded the second highest deaths among overseas Filipinos with 179 though it only has 816 cases, 481 of them having recovered. – With Ashzel Hachero