MORE than 12,000 market vendors, mall, hotel and restaurant workers and drivers of public utility vehicles have been tested for the COVID-19 virus under the free swab testing program of the Manila government.
Mayor Isko Moreno said as of November 9, a total of 12, 499 have availed of the free swab testing program launched by the city government last September 30 as part of effort to
curb the spread of the deadly virus.
Moreno added that 43,355 more have been tested for free in the city’s six district hospitals.
He said the city government has also distributed 977,909 face masks to residents and frontliners.
Moreno reiterated his appeal to his constituents not to lower their guards and to stick to health and safety protocols such as the wearing of face masks and face shields as well as physical distancing even if the number of COVID-19 cases in the city continues to go down.
Citing data from the city health department, Moreno said the number of active cases in the city has gone down from 900 in September to 500 to 600 last month to less than 500 today.