Boyet tests positive for COVID-19; ‘Love Thy Woman’ crew, cast go on quarantine

    109

    VETERAN actor Christopher “Boyet” de Leon is positive for COVID-19.

    The “Love Thy Woman” actor took made the announcement on Instagram Tuesday, March 17.

    “Today, our doctor confirmed that I have COVID-19. I’ve had no recent travel history outside of the Philippines and no known contact with anyone who is positive to have the virus. However, due to the nature of my work in the entertainment business, I have interacted with many people. I, therefore, ask anyone who has come in contact [with] me within the last week or two to observe stringent self-quarantine, observe for symptoms and follow the triage procedures published by the DOH, whether asymptomatic or not,” Boyet said in his post.

    He urged his co-workers to cooperate with the authorities and added that his wife, actress Sandy Andolong, daughter Mica, and their helper are in self-quarantine.

    The 63-year-old actor remains upbeat and ended his statement with the Bible verse:

    “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1Thessalonians 5:18 ),” he wrote.

    ABS-CBN, which airs “Love Thy Woman,” released a statement Wednesday saying that because of De Leon’s condition, those he had interaction with in the last two weeks have been told to undergo quarantine.

    “Following the announcement of Christopher de Leon that he has tested positive for COVID-19, we have advised those who might have interacted with him during the tapings of ‘Love Thy Woman’ in the last two weeks to undergo self-quarantine,” the statement read.

    The network also assured that they will “to monitor their situation and provide the necessary assistance and support to those who are affected. The safety of our artists, crew, production teams, and their families are important to us.” –GFCT

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here