ABS-CBN, GMA temporarily shut doors to studio audience

    201

    ABS-CBN and GMA will no longer welcome live studio audience because of COVID-19 concerns.

    ABS-CBN released a statement on Tuesday morning saying they will “temporarily stop admitting studio audience… following the government’s declaration of a state of public health emergency.”

    The ban covers six Kapamilya programs: “Magandang Buhay,” “It’s Showtime,” “Banana Sundae,” “I Can See Your Voice,” “ASAP Natin ‘To,” and “iWant ASAP.”

    ABS-CBN said it is putting the health of its audience and workers “of utmost importance to us and we are taking this option for their protection.

    “We feel that it is our shared responsibility to help in preventing the spread of the COVID-19,” the statement also said.

    GMA released its advisory Tuesday afternoon stating that the network will not allow studio viewers to nine of their programs and that it is also suspending scheduled events in Metro Manila.

    “In view of the declaration of the state of public health emergency and other recent developments related to the COVID-19 outbreak, GMA Network is temporarily suspending the admission of live studio audiences in all of our programs such as ‘All-Out Sundays,’ ‘Centerstage,’ ‘Mars Pa More,’ ‘Wowowin,’ ‘Wowowin Primetime,’ ‘Idol sa Kusina,’ ‘The Boobay and Tekla Show,’ ‘Sarap ‘Di Ba?,’ and ‘Tonight With Arnold Clavio’,” its statement read.

    “[E]xternal activities and events in Metro Manila are also put on hold until further notice,” it also said.

    “These measures are being undertaken to help ensure the safety and well-being of all concerned and as part of GMA’s cooperation with the government in its efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19. We strongly urge everyone to remain calm and cautious, and to follow the official advisories released by the authorities,” the statement ended.

    Earlier this week, GMA’s noontime show “Eat Bulaga” announced that they have temporarily barred live audiences to their studio in Cainta, Rizal.