Portion of CALAX ready for Undas

    84

    BINAN, Laguna. The Department of Public Works and Highway (DPWH) yesterday said  the first section of the 45-kilometer Cavite Laguna (CALAX) expressway will be passable and ready to serve motorists by next week in time for Undas.

    The DPWH has conducted the final inspection of the first section of the CALAX covering Mamplasan Barrier onto Laguna Technopark Interchange, Laguna Boulevard Interchange all the way to Santa Rosa-Tagaytay Interchange.

    “The first section of the project is 90 percent completed. The remaining 10 percent are portions of the expressway that need to be harmonized. We are fast tracking those portions. Meantime, we will ensure CALAX will be passable and ready to serve motorists this October 30,” said Mark Villar, DPWH secretary.

    Villar said the entry and exit points at Mamplasan, Binan Laguna and Sta-Rosa Tagaytay road will be opened to motorists for free initially.

    The first section of Calax’ Laguna segment will be completed by November with toll fees for the new road of  around P4 to P5 per kilometer or P40 to P50 which will be imposed once approved by Toll Regulatory Board (TRB).