Pork is safe: agri chief

    131

    The Department of Agriculture (DA) assured the public pork in the country is safe even as it awaits the release of the results of the confirmatory tests on hogs suspected of having the African swine fever (ASF) on Friday.

    “Walang delikado doon sa karne ng baboy (There is nothing to worry about pork),” said Dar adding that the DA is even organizing a boodle fight featuring various pork cuisine on Friday at the Bureau of Soils and Water Management office to prove that pork is safe.

    Dar said ordered last month the conduct of laboratory tests following a two-percent spike in the in deaths of pigs in some areas.

    He assured the public quarantine measures are in place.

    He said quarantine sites had been declared in some areas where there are hogs that are suspected to be affected by swine disease are located and culled.

    Dar also assured the public of enough pork supply in the market and that the prices remain stable.