February 25, 2018, 10:12 am
Facebook iconTwitter iconYouTube iconGoogle+ icon

Gov’t reviews Clark unsolicited proposal

The government is reviewing the P839-billion unsolicited proposal submitted by Filinvest-JG Summit and Changi Airport  consortium for the long-term development of Clark International Airport.

In a statement,  the Department of Transportation (DOTr) and the Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA)  said they have  received the proposal and  will thoroughly review its legal, technical, and financial aspects  within a specified timeline and a strict deadline based on the required processes and regulations.



This is a revision of the P187-billion unsolicited proposal submitted last year by Filinvest-JG Summit but which was rejected by government.

The new proposal includes the long-term development of the airport into the country’s second international gateway and also  the operation and maintenance of the existing and new terminals under a joint venture with BCDA.

The  consortium will also build future capacity augmentation, expand airport facilities including terminals and runways, among others, as well as operate and maintain the existing and new passenger terminals.

Meanwhile, the DOTr and BCDA  said they are on track of  the bidding for the construction of a new passenger terminal building in the Clark International Airport wherein 12 local and foreign firms bought bid documents.



The award for the construction  contract to the winning bidder in set Dec. 15, 2017 after the December 5  deadline for the submission of bids.



 Clark International Airport is envisioned to be an alternate global gateway in the country. 



The creation of a new, world-class passenger terminal in the airport is projected to add passenger capacity by 8 million per year.

The Clark International Airport complements other  big-ticket projects under the Build, Build, Build program of the Duterte administration which also include  the Manila-Clark railway, New Clark City and the Subic-Clark Cargo railway.

 (M. Iglesias)
Category: 
Rating: 
No votes yet

Column of the Day

Rappler’s continuing saga

By DAHLI ASPILLERA | February 23,2018
‘Without a court TRO against the SEC ruling, Rappler’s accreditation in Malacañang was considered revoked.” – Senior Deputy Executive Secretary Menardo Guevarra.’

Opinion of the Day

Duterte does not understand media’s role in a democracy

By ELLEN TORDESILLAS | February 23, 2018
‘This is funny if it didn’t violate the constitutional guarantee of freedom of the press.’